The Basics of Savings As Classroom Material.


I was discussing some personal finance issues with a coworker that day, and he told me something I already knew. It was just an eye opener to say someone else.

“If I only knew a lot about these things as a child, I would have been better,” he told me.

Okay, isn’t it?

Then he said something that has never happened to me before. And he continued,

“They should make these things for all the children in the classroom, that way, we won’t have to worry about them.”


At first, it sounded so ridiculous, but the more I thought about it, the more logical it was.

How do i see it Our country has the worst federal deficit in history. Some say that our country is on the verge of bankruptcy due to this. Although the figures are improving, the average American simply remains in debt. Amazingly, they are satisfied to do so. Can you imagine how much better our “economic” situation in the world would be if we didn’t have much debt?

On a more personal level, how much bargaining power do we all have that we were not much in debt? Achieving a better credit score means lower interest rates on cars and homes, better jobs and a host of other things.

However, where did all these problems start with debt? I think you can say that the basic issue is parents and upbringing. Parents who do not know the defects of religiosity or have not effectively informed their children.

But what if a large part of this education is an essential part of the school curriculum?

I think this can easily be included in the class schedule required for children. Whenever I think about it, this is what I found:

Primary school – I didn’t start thinking about logistics to do it, but here you will learn about the basics – how to open a savings account, maybe how to make interest work, etc.

High School – I can remember many of the “blasting” classes I attended in high school, and I’m sure the category “Fundamental of Funding” or “Your Money, Your Life” can easily adapt. Here, you are very concerned about the risks of credit card debt, and whether, in fact, the effects (short term and long term) that can occur on you, and so on.

College – Again, I can miss a lot of my “core” classes for college so that I don’t need it, again, to easily accommodate some kind of funding or money class. I think you are following the credit card debt issue, but you may also be familiar with the basics of investing. For example, what is 401K, Roth IRA etc.

For me, the core elements of personal finance are so important that I should not put them on the shoulders of parents. He has many other important responsibilities. Well, I think many of them are not qualified to teach their children properly about it. I am saying put it in the school system and let’s see our country to improve one child at a time …

Want to learn more tips and strategies on influencing and improving your personal economy? Visit my personal finance blog http://yourfinances101.com/blog

There you can see my recently published book, “Don’t Be the Mule: A Logical Guide to Saving More, Spending Less, and Generating Extra Income in Your Daily Life.”

Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/David_Bakke/207558

Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4218859